Caption Sizes are Easy to Change
Can’t see your captions very well on your iPhone or iPad? Changing the size is easy and should only take you a minute or two with these instructions!
Below are screenshot images to help you navigate the caption size process!
(You can also follow the step by step instructions below the images.)
Step-by-step written instructions:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on ‘General’
- Click on ‘Accessibility’
- Scroll all the way down and click on ‘Subtitles & Captioning’ (under Media)
- Click on the style name
- Pick an available option OR click on ‘Create New Style’
- Click on ‘Size’
- Pick the size you want
- To go back, click on upper left corner (in our image it says ‘Style 1’).
- Change the description name to indicate the size you chose.
Now that you’ve updated your caption settings, you can enjoy all your favorite captioned media!
- Title image: Blue sky with clouds
- Blue sky with clouds and captions “Subtitles look like this.”
- Screenshots on iOS device. Each step shown with arrows pointing to the step indicated. (Written instructions above the image description section titled “Step-by-step written instructions”)
- Screenshots on iOS device. Each step shown with arrows pointing to the step indicated. Examples of large and extra large captions from App: ALICE are shown at bottom of this image.
Access Simplified is dedicated to making access to organizations, communications, content, and more in a simplified manner. Contact us. We are here to support organizations in serving people who are deaf, hard of hearing or experience hearing loss. We also work closely with consumers in providing solutions that will allow immediate communication accessible.